söndag 30 november 2014

ZIZ on Takadanobaba Club Phase

Friday night ZIZ participated in an event on Takadanobaba Club Phase togheter with Amber Gris and Hollowgram.


I rarely know in which order the bands play so I'm always a bit confused about if I should rush to get a good spot or if I can have a drink and wait... Usually I just rush because I don't want to end up in the back :P
Amber Gris was first out and to be honest they made me yawn XD Their 40 minutes felt like 1 hour, and they just felt so random... I googled them before I bought the ticket just to see what I had to endure for the sake of Közi, and since they acctually had PV's I didn't think they'd feel so...amateurish XD They looked so random, like the bassist was dressed in lolita fashion, the singer reminded me of Adam from ADAMS and one of the guitarists looked a bit steampunk and obviously was their fangirl magnet :P
I was kind of happy when they finally left stage and ZIZ got on.

Club Phase has this screen which is pulled down when the bands prepare the stage, but you can still see them on the sides of that screen. I kept looking to see if I could catch a glimpse of Közi but no Közi....

ZIZ played for 40 minutes, but time always flies by when you enjoy something. Közi was awesome as always, and looked great as most of the times. He had a black blouse with pink dots/spots, black velvet blazer and black tight leather pants.
All the members came in on stage one by one while Ö was playing, and Közi was last of course. he took quite the time to join the others and I couldn't help myself from thinking that he probably had a last drink.... before getting on stage to have one more... (since he had liquor on stage last time I saw him)

As the other times I've seen Közi he was really into what he was doing, and when comparing ZIZ performance with the other two bands, well there was a huge difference XD Közi just seems so comfortable on stage, like he's just doing his thing but it comes out so great and relaxed.

They played some songs I didn't recognise though. Közi announced in the MC the finished the recording of the new album so maybe it's on the coming release? I certainly hope so because I really liked the second song. It felt very Közi, like Katharsis meeting something electronic XD it's kind of hard to explain, but sometimes I feel like Közi's songs, or just part of certain songs is "dreamy" in a way. Like not straight forward like RayD5, like they're blurry, like Katharsis or parts of Memento. Does that make sense? maybe it's just in my head but I feel like Közi's songs sometimes does that, they enter some sort of trans-stage XD like they sound a bit repetative, but not in a bad way, and melancholy. Yugami did vocals with Közi on this, and it didn't sound like anything ZIZ released so far...so I'm very excited for this new album.

Except for ZIZ great performance, I acctually found myself a bit annoyed... Since bands like ZIZ are really small, the people who come to see them are usually the same, so they come on like fangirl groups and they usually know or are familiar with the other people who come to see the other bands aswell. SO, this live gig wasn't so small that they ahd one of those "lists" for the frontrow, instead it was one of those in which the fangirls wait in the back and then they just change place with someone they know :P so it's impossible to get really close, and I feel a bit frustrated especially since these people see these bands several times a year and for me it's once in a lifetime XD (sorry, this might sound a bit like I should get a privilege just because I'm a foreigner, but it's more I feel like I should get a privilege because I might not see them again XD). All though I prefer the japanese live-system, the whole ticket with number is great IMO, but inside I get kind of pissed to be honest. As a foreigner you really feel a bit left out.
Also I really don't get everyones systematic behaviour. Like I mentioned before, everyone does the same movements at the exact same time, and sometimes it's not just wave your hand, sometimes it's almost like tiny dances XD and I just want to know who the *** came up with that XD It takes so much energy and focus to do all that, you almost miss the whole livegig. Like I mentioned before I didn't care when I saw The Velvet the last time, I just wanted to enjoy the gig, and same with ZIZ...ESPECIALLY with ZIZ. Their music (IMO) isn't even suited for all that dancing and headbaning or whatever...I don't get it, the front row went all crazy with the headbanging, and I can really not hear that in their music... it's almost like the japanese fans HAS to do all that stuff, even if the music doesn't even have parts in which it's suitable. I mean not even the band hints at that (normally you can just look at the band, like with D, Tsunehito headbangs, you headbang). It's a true mystery to me... the Japanese way of concerts (should be a book about that..).
Over all I had a great evening though (still want to hear Spiegelwelt though...).

Setlist:
Ö
RayD5
Unknown *LLELVI
MC
FREAKQUENCY
Unknown*ECHOFALLS
Night Creature
MC
Unknown *BE POP HIGHSTYLE
Sanityman
SUPERBSAW

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar