lördag 8 november 2014

Közi Solo Ver : E//+Z at Vuenos

Közi announced some days ago that he'd release a new cd, today no less at his livegig at VUENOS in Shibuya. Ever since I first saw the "Közi Solo Ver : E//+Z" I've been quite curious what that is... I mean Közi haven't played solo for a long time. At first I thought it was some acousticlive, since I know he's been doing that, but I couldn't have been more wrong.

Since I bought my ticket late, I didn't plan on going to this because there's been so much going on this week I feel like I need to just relax, but since the cd would be released I really wanted to get a copy as soon as possible. I've never been to this venue so I didn't know how big it was on the inside, and since my ticket was nr 57 I was afraid I'd end up in the back, but I was lucky and just like many other events where several bands play most people move over when the act they wanted to see is over (which I first didn't notice so I suffered through the first band, some 4man band playing some popish rock, looking like hosts, making me feel like bursting out in laughter when they shouted ATAMAAA and all the fangirls began to headbang to their really soft sound).

I think Közi's a bad influence... Just like at the talkevent I acctually had alcohol and felt like passing out. I need to stop drinking when I'm at lives *writes memo to myself*

Közi was the third band playing, and I tried sneaking my way to the front but I don't like to push and the system at livegigs feels so complex here you never know if there's some person somewhere in the club making a list of people at the front or whatever, and I hate being the foreigner who doesn't know the rules... But I had a good view at second row!

Since this was a small event the bands had to put their stuff togheter themselves, so first out were Közi's 2 supportmembers (no idea who they are, but one of the guys looked like his old bassist). Then Közi came out from the backstage area looking like:

 This picture is stolen from Közi's twitter!
I don't know how many are familiar with the old electro band Kraftwerk, but I'm pretty sure Közi had them in mind when he chose this outfit... Acctuallt when he entered stage he has a black leatherglove on his left hand (I really like this look on him).
Közi didn't look up once, eventhough people shouted for him. It was kind of fun because first he just walked across the stage, looked like he was just passing by XD Then he came back and began to help them set up their stuff. He looked very focused, doing everything kind of slow, well in his own pace (I was acctually thinking about how he just walked around with full confidence and no looking where he stepped eventhough he had like 10cm heels and there were wires all over the floor, while Hora was all about looking where he walked^^)

Then Közi went backstage and the light was turned off! I had no idea what to expect but since there was a keyboard and a mac computer onstage I sort of figuered it wouldn't be acoustic as I first thought, and I was very right.
The setlist for tonight was all songs from the new cd and it's all songs from Közi's solo done in a sort of remix/club manner. I was happily suprised, I really enjoyed what he has done to the songs. The music didn't fit the scenery though, listening to the songs and seeing Közi dance around, then seeing the crowd which was like 30 people, 3 lines infront of the stage and the rest standing in the back.
This was my third time seeing Közi and if I've noticed anything it's the fact that Közi's really great live. This is of course my own opinion, and I might be effected by the fact I really like Közi, but he's really something special live. Many say he's lazy for not writing any new material and all that, and I get the feeling many might think he just sticks around to have an income XD, but seeing him live, he really looks like he enjoys it, a lot. I get the feeling Közi's very aware of himself when he's on stage aswell. Like, he knows how he wants the performance to look, I'd say he's the opposite of random!

Közi moved around a lot, well not walking around since the stage was kind of small but he danced to the music and he even did the same movements as he does on the DVD for Incoherents! 
I can't remember which song it was, but he held up his left hand, and many of the people in the front row did the same, and he began doing different signs, like holding up 2 fingers, 1 or none and they kept doing the same thing. I got the feeling he did that to see if they'd follow, it looked really fun ^^
During the first MC he first just said hi and it felt like he was about to start another song when he suddenly turned around and said ow yeah, the new album! He also said everyone should get a copy, maybe even several (hehe). It's funny because Közi seems so different when he's performing and when he's talking or just preparing before the gig. When he's singing he feels very full of energy and very comfortable on stage, then when he's talking he's so calm and kind of quiet.
Before they began I acctually noticed how he placed a can and a bottle on the side for himself and I couldn't help but to think how most bands have water and not liqour on stage. For the second MC he raised his can saying cheers, then the brand, then he grabbed his bottle and said the name of the tea which was inside XD
For the last song, Promenade, Közi played bass.
My absolut favorite song tonight was Cruel Arcadia. To be honest I used to love the original version, but I think I just listened to it too much, because I ended up being kind of tired of it. So hearing this new, fresh version made my love come back again. I can't wait to hear the recorded version! (I don't have a cdplayer, nor does my computer take discs, so I need to ask a friend to rip for me:P)
If this will be released and available for overseas I demand all Közi fans to buy it! Not just for supporting his work but because it's really great!

I'm going to ZIZ live by the end of the month and I'm really excited. Közi's so great at what he does, I wish he'd make oneman lives again!

Setlist:
Grottesca
Incoherents
Babylo
MC
Cruel Arcadia
Katharsis
Honey Vanity
MC
Cacophony
ISM
Promenade


2 kommentarer:

  1. omg the setlist... ._.
    does that means "ISM" is going to be on the remix CD? if so i'm gonna die. I hope kozi makes an even more intense version of it.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Yes it is, and I think Hora did a good job with it ^^

      Radera