lördag 1 november 2014

Velvet Eden at Ikebukuro Cyber

So last night was the Black Lips event, on which Velvet Eden would officially release their new DVD Behind the Tales.

Sign outside of Ikebukuro Cyber
So, Ikebukuro Cyber is one of the smallest livehouses I ever seen! The floor (excluding the stage) feels like my kitchen, so I'm happy not that many people were there at the same time. At these kinds of events most people don't stay the whole evening (it can go on for 5 hours), some knows when their favorite band's playing...(it's not announced so I'm guessing some bands tell).
Anyway, I felt like I was late, I didn't have time to buy something I really wanted to bring..., but I did have time to run and buy a silver pen :3
Me and my friend arrived about 10 minutes before they picked us up (The street Cyber's on is so small they don't want people to line outside of their dorr, you do the lining a place further away and then a staffmember picks you up). Something kind of important in case someone's going to Cyber to a similar event and haven't been before is that sometimes there will be a person making a list for the front row of each band! So if you see a person at the front of the stage by the time they let you in with paper and pen, make sure to go up at tell which band, your name and where you want to stand!

I made sure to get a place on the left of the middle, so I had a good view of Dada. I never know in which order bands appear so I was, to be honest a bit bored waiting for 4h.
There was however some more interesting bands, a lolita trio called Die Milch who had a somewhat electric sound with violin, Rose Noire, I'm not a big fan of their music recorded but they were pretty good live, especially when both Jill and Louie played violin (and I think he's one of the most gorgeous people in the VK scene at the moment, so my eyes were happy).

After about 4h of waiting I see Dada coming out from the backstage area and in behind the Velvet Eden merchtable! This might sound crazy, and slightly fanatic fangirl:ish, but I felt so nervous and hysterical on the inside XD Felt like I almost had to pinch my arm, it was slightly unreal.

So, we went over to the merch table to pick up a copy, some people were infront of us so Dada went backstage again, but Chro was really nice explaining in english what I had to fill out on the ticket to attend the photoevent afterwards.
Then after 2 more bands or so Velvet Eden was finally on!
I felt like my heart jumped out of my chest when the curtain was pulled away and I saw Dada stand infront of me. So what were they wearing? Both Chro and Dada had the same outfit (Chro didn't have Dada's gloves though), which looked like a full body suit in pleather, with tiny holes in it, corset, thong, the ruffles they Dada wears on the DVD cover and those wide legs (the kind Dada has had a million times, like in the Ningyou Shoukan PV). Ow yeah, Chro hadblack feathers on his behind, looked really cute.
They opened with Street of Alice, this has to be like the 3rd version, or 4th probably. It sounded like the original but at the end, it had bits of the 2.0 version. Of course they also played Toxic Queen and Jailed prince (Toxic Queen was so awesome *_*), but I got a bit confused, the second last song, I really didn't recognise... so either I'm a bad fan or it's a new song! It was very rock for Velvet Eden I think, so it stood out a bit (hence me not recognising it).

They had some pretty long MC's this evening (talked about T-backs of course and some other things).
After their session Dada and Chro was back behind their merch table (Dada crawled under the table, looked so cute). This was the reason I brought my silver marker, hehe, so when no one was there I got up there and asked if they could sign the DVD, and they did <3 I was so happy, finally I have their signatures for real XD (I have other signed items but I've never seen them being signed, doesn't feel real then), and finally we got called in by Chro for the photos!
So, Dada posted some night's ago that those who buy the Behind the Tales DVD this evening will get a photo taken and then he will make a gothic VE retouch! Unfortunately since Dada was taking the pictures he could not be in them =( But I got to stand with Chro, so I was happy anyway^^ (I hope Dada's ready for some heavy retouching, I'll need it).

My outfit for this evening had alot of planning, well at least my legs^^
I've always loved the wide legs Dada has most of the time. For people who haven't been paying attention, it might look like ordinary socks/stockings, but it's not. They're open at the foot and wide, so I thought I need a pair of those for the first time of seeing Velvet Eden! So off I went to buy some fabric, and stiched them togheter right before I left for Japan. This is the result:

I looked at a lot of pictures and noticed...other members... having overknee socks under so that they're not as seethrough as they would've been, so I did that as you can see. (I wore a meshtop to this, and a collar-like necklace)
I'm quite satisfied with how these ended up, so when I get home I'm really going to try and make a full cosplay of one of Dada's looks when he has these.

Setlist:
Street of Alice
Toxic Queen
MC with Rouge d'noir
One caress
Luzifer
MC with Girl's End
Jailed Prince
Confession of Mask

1 kommentar: