tisdag 11 november 2014

Közi solo ver : E//+Z short review

I know many are very eager to hear about the new Közi release, so I'll make a tiny review of it.

So, 5 people have chosen their favorite Közi solo songs and made remixes of them. Közi himself is one of them (hehe).
I'm just gonna write some basics about how the songs sound and my personal thoughts^^

Tracklist 

GROTTESCA / Koma RMX
Great openingtrack. I really like Grottesca so I was a bit scared this wouldn't be good enough, but it is. It's one of the more intersting tarcks on this cd, and one of the most hard one. I almost get a bit of Blam Honey vibes from this from time to time.

INCOHERENTS / MAXDEADROOM RMX
Feels very disco/club, especially live. One of my favorite tracks, but I also really enjoy the original version. I like that he kept most lyrics, remixes tends to just be a loop of the same piece for 4 minutes.

BABYLO /Közi RMX
Közi's done a great job with this one. Instead of the rocksound it usually has it's pure electronic/club music.

CRUEL ARCADIA / YUGAMI RMX
My number 1 track on this cd. Amazing, love it. I mentioned before I was a bit tired of Cruel Arcadia, well I'm head over heels in love again. Also I can't get Közi's slow dance he did during this out of my head XD

KATHARSIS / Közi RMX
For some reason I really love this. It sounds very Közi in my opinion. Very cute and distant in a way, I'd have loved if he would've made a longer version out of this. I just want it to continue and continue!

HONEY VANITY /Koma RMX
I don't think you can make Honey Vanity bad, it's just awesome in every shape. I really like this, the chorus isn't as it usually is, but slower and I think you can hear a lot more of Közi's pretty voice when he sings slower so I like this ^^

CACOPHONY / MAXDEADROOM RMX
A lot calmer version compared to the original! Cacophony is not a favorite of mine so I'm not  hyper about the original nor this remix to be honest. It's okey, but not one of those songs with that tiny bit of extra.

THE EYES /Koma RMX
Also a bit slowed down version of original The Eyes, also Közi's voice's not as distorted as in the original which I liked. The eyes aren't that different either, I think it has the same basics as the original version, good or bad?

PROMENADE /Közi RMX
 This isn't as upbeat as we're used to. On the contrary it's darker and slower.

ISM /Hora RMX
Very Hora:ish. You can hear immediatly it's a Hora remix, and I of course really like it. Might even be better than the original ISM to be honest.  For me, the first half of the cd is the most interesting, so I think it was nice to end the cd with a really good track aswell. And a Hora track as ending when the previous songs are slower, great.

I don't like to write reviews of cd's, probably because I hate reading them (I never agree and I don't like to hear what others think, I just want to hear and make my own opinion) therefor this is very poorly written XD sorry about that. But maybe someone liked to get an idea of what it sounds like.

5 kommentarer:

  1. Would it be at all possible for you to assist me in hearing this project? Of course I live in the states and have no legitimate options apart from begging and bribing. Is there anything I can do to win your favor? Onegai, I beg you! Arigato gozaimasu in advanced! -_^ This is too epic to wait for.

    SvaraRadera
  2. By the way, my email is Cobrasa@yahoo.com

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Hi, and thanks for reading my entries.
      As it is now, I do not share this because I want people to buy Közi's material, he needs all the support he can get. But I do offer to help people to buy it. I'm seeing ZIZ on the 28th, and it will be sold there (I assume, unless it's sold out). The price for the cd is 3000yen, and shipping with SAL is around 400yen, then I add up because my bank takes a charge for me to withdraw money, so I add up to 4000yen.

      Radera
    2. Thanks for the reply! I wont lie, Im a bit of a cheapskate right now. I thought this through and I just cant find it in me to dish out the 4000yen with my tight budget. However, I do have a proposition: how about I send you 2000yen, you send me 320kbps quality mp3s of the project, I give you my oath not to share it with anyone, and you invest that 2000yen into ZIZ when you see them this week? I know its tacky of me to ask.

      The only other thought I can think up is going half with someone else and letting them keep the hard copy but have them send me the mp3s since Im only interested in owning it digitally. If youre willing to do any of these things please email me at Cobrasa@yahoo.com to discuss paypal info or etc. I respect your decision if you arent willing and again I apologize for even asking(quite ghetto of me). Either way, thank you for sharing information about the project. Im sure Ill get to hear/buy this project someday some way. Im also looking forward to knowing if ZIZ will have a new project out soon. Kozi should just sell his music digitally. I dont see why artists like him never seem to do it. Even Kalm is selling his new Kalmia music on bandcamp! ^__^ ::shrug::

      Radera