fredag 21 november 2014

高幡不動尊 Takahatafudoson Kongoji Temple

Last sunday I decided to do some sightseeing in my neighbourhood. Every day on my way to school I pass the station Takahatafudo, and see part of a huge temple there, but I never went there because when I first arrived I blamed the weather for being to warm saying I'd go when it cooled down a bit. Now I realised it's winter and soon it will get really cold so better start doing everything I won't enjoy doing in 5 degrees :P

This isn't just a temple, it's like a whole area! It was dedicated to the deity called Acala, and was built somewhere between 794-1185 (Japanese Heian period).
There seemed to have been some kind of event when I visited because people had like a market, selling various things and I saw several people dressed up (among them an adorable little boy dressed in the traditional hakama which is a rare sight).

I left with a bunch of photos in my camera a new charm for good health.

This gate (ironicly modern with the sign and everything) shows the way from the station Takahatafudo.
 Horinkaku
 This is the pagoda, the part of this area you can see from a very long distance! I read somewhere that it's said that monks stayed on each floor depending on your skills/wisdom, so best at the top. These kinds of templebuilding has its origin in China, but you can find them in many asian countries, like Japan.


Maybe it's not that noticable but the  statue to the left was very big, bigger than human size. Really cool, and I also love these lion/monster statues that often sits by entries to temples in Japan (right picture).


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar