fredag 5 december 2014

Yokohama

Eventhough I've been to Tokyo 2 times before, and I've planned it several times, I've never been to Yokohama.

Yokohama counts as Japan's 2nd biggest city (eventhough it's in the Tokyo area), to be honest I've never really understood that...
Anyway, one of my teachers live there and she randomly handed out Yokohama maps one day saying we should all visit it someday. I planned to go a month ago but other things got in the way, but this weekend I finally dragged my ass to Yokohama!

 It was a bit of a bother to get there, I first took my local train to Meidaimae, there change to the train to Shibuya, got off at Shibuya and on the Tokyu Toyoko line. In total it took me 1½ to get there (including the time I had to wait for another train to Yokohama since I accidently went on the local train, realised, went off but then missed the express:P).

Anyway, Yokohama is a big area, so seeing it all seems impossible in 1 day, so I kept to the left part of town. Starting off with going to Closet Child! *yay*

I'm always hoping to find some rare stuff, like demo tapes etc, and I never do... (Everyone assumes just because it's Japan the tapes are everywhere, or really old and rare cd's etc, they're not. Best way to find that is on aucton or to find some other ex-fan who has it and is willing to sell it).
But I did search every corner of the store and came out with some stuff from their sales.


The main attraction for this evening was sort of to see the illumination at Yokohama Red Brick Warehouse, so we took the train to Bashamichi Station, and then walked up to Minato Mirai, Shinko Area. I have to say I wasn't that impressed by Yokohama at the station, looked like most other places in Tokyo, but this little "island" was completly amazing! It reminded me a lot about Odaiba, which I love, so I got really excited.


Yokohama Cosmoworld is placed on the edge of Shinko Area and the Ferris wheel, Cosmo Clock21, can be seen all over since it's so big! (about 100m) I've been up the ferris wheel on Odaiba so I had to get up this one too *_* I love seeing Tokyo from high up, it looks so pretty with all the lights and tall buildings. We got the red cart, so we named it The Közi-wagon (yeah, when fandom's taken over completly and I see Közi in everything red) XD


It was completly worth the 800yen, it was so cool to see Yokohama from above.
This amusementpark had some attractions and any games, I don't really know what this was but I have to share pictures because it looked so funny.

   
It seems to be some sort of game inside, but the wall (left picture) made me so think about Mana's webpage! The guy standing at te front looked highly amused by the fact that we got so excited...I'm guessing most who show up here are boys in the age between 12-16?...

Anyway, to the mainthing, the illumination.


I didn't really know what it would be, but it was acctually a christmas market! I was very suprised because at a first glimpse it really looked like the European markets you can find in Berlin etc. But the further you went the more japanese:ness would be found.

 
Like the christmastree, with bells under which people went up to and rang (just like a temple), and the food. People ate frenchfried and pizza... they also had cocktails....made from Bacardi XD
Then when I finally thought the christmas spirit acctually felt kind of nice and cozy, we found a very mal placé santa....with a very short skirt and lowcut blouse on the end of one of the houses XD 


Overall it felt nice to see a bit of christmas, all the lights looked so pretty, and we had a good laugh at the japanese christmas ^^


Finally, I found this guy standing there.... Remember him from a Ma Chérie?... Közi...??? (XD)
 

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar