onsdag 17 december 2014

BUCK-TICK FISH TANKer's Only & Metaform Nights or Anarchy

The past weekend has been really busy, I have exams this week but haven't had time to study because both saturday and sunday I had to go all the way to Odaiba to see Buck-Tick! It was totally worth it though.

On saturday was the FISH TANKer's Only live, to be honest I joined the fanclub just so I could preorder tickets since I know they sell out (or almost sell out) kind of fast and I want a chance to get a good number. I didn't though, for this live I had number 2010 (Zepp Tokyo takes about 2700 people), but for some reason japanese fans seems to enjoy standing in the back (unless you're a crazy fangirl/boy), so I was acctually able to get kind of close without being killed. Let me just say getting to the middle of the stage is IMPOSSIBLE, but I was happy with standing on Imai's side.

Of course I bought some merch first, and I was very suprised to see that people lined up to do that, and it wasn't just a few people, the line was so big I didn't even see that it was a line. On Buck-Tick's webpage it says the t-shirts are sold out but I was happy to see they were sold here! Looks really pretty and it has the FISH TANKer's Only tourlist on the back.


I'm not used to going to bigger live events, so to be honest I felt slightly annoyed I could barely see anyone else than Imai because of all the arms and some tall heads. So I don't really remember what either Hide nor Yuuta was wearing, but Imai had white shirt and a black blazer with white/glittery polkadots, Yagami wore a black jacket with the Metaform Nights or Anarchy logo on the back. Atsushi entered stage with one of those black scarfs covering him up, a black (with slightly golden colors in it) frilly sleevless blous and black pants. I did not take any notes about in which order they played songs, or which, but they played all of Aruiwa Anarchy of course and some older ones.They acctually opened with Hyper Love! To me it looked kind of weird though, seeing Atsushi entering with his veil/scarf over himself I assumed they'd open with something heavier than Hyper Love. Other songs I was very pleased to hear was Heroin, Romance and Funny Valentine.

For this tour they played the Melancholia -Electria- version, and it was pretty awesome live!
I don't know if it was because of my location, next to the speakers, or if they acctually changed it a bit because the synth/electric melody was kind of hidden and it felt more rock than the recorded version. I really like the single version but this was great aswell. You could hear the guitars and bass a lot more.

Atsushi doesn't really do that much of an MC, he just said welcome, and some sex here and there, but during the presentation of the members, when he was introducing Imai he started patting his shoulder, it looked a bit weird in a fun way. I was a bit disapointed by the fact that they barely moved on stage. Imai was the only one I got a good look at because I was standing in his "zone", but Atsushi and Hide only came over to the left side of the stage during Once Upon A Time, and Yuuta I barely saw at all (being so small and all...).

They ended the night with Mudai, Tenshi wa dareda and Revolver (I was sort of hoping to hear Muma the nightmare...) and on our way out we were all handed a black bag with the tourlist for the FISH TANKer's Only gigs and some flyers.


Then I was back on sunday for the tourfinal!
Since FISHTANK had given me all my tickets the day before I didn't really have to get there so early (It went really smoothly to pick up everything and the staff was reall nice too), and this day I didn't have as bad number, only 879! I'd love to know how these lottery things work through FISHTANK, because I assumed us members would have like maybe tickets 1-500 or something, but it seemed it's completly random since I saw people entering way later with a fanclub ticket.
This evening I felt like I wanted to get closer to stage since I had a better ticket, so I tried to proceed as fast as possible and get myself a good spot. This time I wanted to get infront of the bars which devides the floor (on saturday I stood behind the first ones), I did but it was sort of close to the exit so I felt a bit sad I'll see the stage from the side... THEN some hoard of fangirls (I assume) stormed in and pushed us all so hard I ended up between Imai and Atsushi! This might seem like luck, but it really wasn't. First off they pushed us so hard I would've fallen to the ground unlss it wasn't so crowded and also, now we stood so close people couldn't get their hands down and it began to get kind of warm fast.
I thought that was bad, when Buck-Tick acctually entered it got worse. WAY worse. They opened with Iconoclasm and I can't say I saw a thing during that, I just tried to avoid being killed by people. There were arms everywhere and people jumped around, I fell into people several times and acctually hit my head in one guys back and all of a sudden I realised one guy nailed on to me using me like some sort of shield pushing me evencloser to the stage. I felt a bit sad since I really like Iconoclasm and I wanted to see the stage... When they proceeded to Devil'N Angel I realised that if I stood on my toes I was above most people, so I tried that, but then I lost my balance even easier, and all the way until Dokudanjou Beauty this guy was standing infront of me and I could feel how his back got even more sweatier by every song and I accidently shoved my hand up a wet armpit...
By LIMBO though, I was saved, people had then pushed my to the side so I was back on Imai's side of the stage. I couldn't be happier to have a somewhat bad spot.

It was still pretty crowded but not as much, and funny thing is I realised even the air got extremly warm! If I put my arms up I could feel the difference in the air, it was kind of creepy. I had to stand on my toes again to get some "fresh" air.

Anyway, back to the acctual concert.
The setlist was almost the same, but they exchanged some of the old songs, and I was thrilled to hear MAD! I just wish they'd take a break from the most resent albums, I'd love to hear more from Six/Nine, Cosmos, One life, One death etc. This evening Atsushi acctually got over to our side a bit more, but I have to say, he's way too much at the center. It feels like the members rarely move on stage to be honest.

One song I've learned to like is acctually DADA DISCO -G J T H B K H T D-. When I first heard it on the cd I mostly felt "wtf am I listening to", but I think the live's changed my mind. Same with Satan, I think Atsushi's vocals sounds really good singing it live. The songs I still don't get are masQue and Uchuu Cirkus. Didn't really like them on the cd, don't really like them now either, especially not masQue.

Before I knew it, the evening had come to an end. Time really flies by when you're having a good time.
On monday I recieved a mail from FISH TANK saying they recorded the tour final and it will be shown on Nico later in december. Looking forward to seeing the songs I missed...



Setlist:

ICONOCLASM
Devil'N Angel
PHANTOM VOLTAIRE
Dokudanjou Beauty -R.I.P.-
LIMBO
M.A.D
Bodoreru de nemurenai
Satan
Sekai wa yami de michite iru
masQue
Uchuu Cirkus
ONCE UPON A TIME
Melancholia -ELECTRIA-
Zekkai
Makka na Yoru
Aku no Hana

Encore 1

DADA DISCO -G J T H B K H T D-
NOT FOUND
Keijijou Ryuusei
Mudai

Encore 2

SURVIVAL DANCE
Tenshi wa dare da
REVOLVER

Next up I'll write a livereport from the Christmas event with Közi I went to last night!

4 kommentarer:

  1. Cool! I was at the concert on the 14th too - and standing in the second section (right at the bar) between Acchan and Imai, but closer to the middle. It was a great concert. I was SO glad when Acchan threw the water over us! I walked out of there bathed in the sweat of at least four people other than me!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Really? I didn't see any other foreigners there =)
      I was acctually waiting just for his water to hit me but it never did XDD instead i was, like you said, drenched in peoples sweat :P

      Radera
  2. Great write up! Ah! I was at both concerts too. Bad spot on Fish Tanker's Live....on Imai's side but too near the speakers to really enjoy it. Also as you say, couldn't really see anything as I am too vertically challenged. 2nd night, I got a great spot and could see the whole concert :-D.. Loved the Lives....pretty different experience from the DIQ Budokan concert but I loved all of them. .

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. OMG you also were at both these AND the DIQ? XD I was also at that XD
      I prefer the standing concerts, felt more intimate than Budoukan... I mean I couldn't really see them there XD as at the standing ones I could look them straight in the face. I like that.

      Radera