lördag 11 oktober 2014

Deep Sanctuary IV

Last night Deep Sanctury was held at Akasaka Blitz! Most of you know what that means; it's a one night tiny Malice Mizer reunion!
When I first heard that it would happen while I was going to be in Japan I couldn't believe it, and it really was one of the best concerts of my life.
So, you want details I'm sure :3

I met up with two other girls and we went to the ESP fair first. To be honest I got a bit disapointed, mana only had 1 costume for display and Közi had NONE! Yeah, only 3 of his guitars. I get a bit sad that Közi feels slightly forgotten sometimes...
The ESP store also played parts of the Invite to Immorality DVD.


Then we were off to the venue. Earlier Moi Dix Mois had announced the merch tables would open earlier and that they'd have Malice Mizer items/item and that of course made me really want to get there on time :3


Unfortunately, it was just a luckybag, an envelope sort of, for 3000yen, so I decided not to get that (it was random Malice Mizer items, like stickers, postcards, frame, mirror etc). I did get a ZIZINE vol2, ZIZ t-shirt and a Matin cup though! (the cup was cheaper than if bought from MidiNette or CdJapan...)
Mana requested Malice Mizer cosplayers for this event and a few showed up! The cosplayers spotted did:
Mana from Gekka no yasoukyoku, fanclub event after Gackt left, Saikai no chi to bara and Beast of Blood. There was also a Közi and Yu~ki from Gekka no yasoukyoku. Acctually I also spotted one girl who looked like she made a cosplay from an old Glol photoshot of Mana.
One funny thing was, about 70% of all the people showing up was in Moité or at least in that kind of fashion. I was kind of impressed by those completly dressed in Moité, thinking about how expensive it is XD
I had a sort of good ticket. I think I had a row with about 6-7 people infront of me, so when ZIZ got on I had a view of Közi. He was wearing a sort of red/black poncho/jacket which looked a bit army inspired, with leather pants. His make up was like it usually is but with some green and purple:ish eyeshadow on the sides.
This was my first time seeing Közi and ZIZ live (I don't count the talk event I went to) and I have to say, Közi lived up to my expectations, x100! I just love how he's so full of energy, his voice is so great live too! He really seems to enjoy himself on stage. The guitar he used during ZIZ was his grey/silvery one from back in Malice Mizer.
I was really hoping I'd get to hear Spiegelwelt, but unfortunately not. ZIZ played 3 songs I've never heard of, according to a japanese twitter account at least one was an american song (so a cover??), but I reallyreally enjoyed Kosmostill and Sanityman! Even with a full band Kosmostill was awesome, eventhough the accoustic version at the talkevent was sort of special. Közi got everyone going really well, I was sort of paralyzed during the first half though (couldn't get I was standing infront of THE KÖZI, I've been admiring him for so long now, it was so special for me to see him play live). The last song ZIZ played was Super naked disco, which I...don't like XD but live it was really fun to see, Közi was dancing all over getting people in the crowd to join him. Then the band went off.

ZIZ playlist:
Superbsaw
Freakquency
RayD5
ISOME-TRIC
E-I-O
BE POP HIGHSTYLE
Kosmostill
Sanityman
Super naked disco

Then the staff began preparing the stage for Moi Dix Mois. They didn't have anything special on stage (like when I saw them in 2011, they had a huge cross in chains hanging from the ceiling), just the Moi Dix Mois logo in the background.
The crowd had been kind of calm during ZIZ, but once the first tune from En lumiere began to play people started pushing to get closer to stage. Moi Dix Mois was in their most recent costumes (the ones with gold). Seth looked a bit different, he had a white/silver lense in his right eye, looked really good on him.
I stood right in the middle and I have to say it felt weird with just 4 members... It really felt like something was missing. I also began to wonder where Közi was, since he was supposed to be acting support member.
This was my second time seeing Moi Dix Mois, so I know they really perform well. Their gigs are somewhat predictable, but I enjoy them so much. You really enter Mana's world for a short while. I was looking at Mana quite a lot, and he felt a bit distracted, unpresent acctually from time to time. I felt a bit sad for him, I'm guessing it might have to do with K(?), or he just had a bad day maybe. I really looked forward to a "Dix-song" (one of those in which they always make people yell things out and do stuff to, like Dispell Bound) and tonight they played Immortal Madness. It was creating a good atmosphere, and all the members seemed to be at good spirits, except for Mana who seemed a bit sad. Even Hayato got a bit of time to make an appearance! (I really like Hayato so I was very pleased) He tried his hardest to get the 2nd floor to shout, ...it was as silent as the grave. After a while they joined in though. I've seen people say there was a technical problem with Mana's guitar, but from where I stood it looked more like he acctually missed strings when he was playing, which wouldn't be impossible since he seemed a bit distracted.
This was the first time for me to hear one of their new songs, Twilight Flower! It reminded me a bit about Mephisto Waltz but with heavier bass and guitar. Seth was dancing so gracefully over stage while singing this, so pretty.
At the end, Közi joined in for 3 songs! The interesting part was his change of clothes. Seems like not many noticed but he got into some Eve of Destiny clothing. The corset he had a lot during that time (but which he also had during Malice Mizer late era) and he also wore that pleather poncho you can find on old EoD pictures!
Közi didn't really have that big of a part during this time, he just played and shouted a bit. Also it was really cute, Mana came over for a short while and put his hand on Közi's shoulder while he was playing. I wish those 2 could get togheter and do something, it would be so awesome.
The last song played was Je l'aime, it was a very suiting song to be played as final. Then the band left the stage, hayato was holding a pumpkin doll with black and red yarn on one side of its head (I think it was a tiny K reference).

Moi Dix Mois playlist:
En Lumiere
Dialogue Symphony
Gloire dans le silence
Front et baiser
Twilight flower
Witchcraft
Immortal madness
Dead scape
Beast side
Ange
Je l'aime


Then it was time for what I think most looked forward to, Malice Mizer!
Everyone began to shout when the first tunes of Bois de Merveilles could be heard, then all members entered togheter. Mana and Közi had a change of clothes, Mana had the same outfit as he had on the last Deep Sanctuary, and Közi had almost what he had on the first, but instead of the shirt with the lips on, he had a sort or black velvet blouse with black seethrough cuffs and collar, with a red ribbon around the neckpart. Yu~ki had the same black blouse but with a new vest and pants (with pattern), he also wore a hat, not a tophat though and without a beard.
Like the old Merveilles DVD, they followed Bois de Merveilles with S-Conscious, making everyone shout "cut it out". Then there was time for the QA with Yu~ki. When Közi went up to the mic and announced them as Malice Mizer people shout, and it felt so nice to hear to be honest.
People had sent questions to Mana to be asked to Yu~ki, so Közi held a Moi Dix Mois folder with the questions, he had a bit of trouble opening it XD Mana came over and helped him, hehe.
Közi read out if it was a girl or a boy who asked the question and where they came from, then he made funny/weird voices reading the questions, so it was hard to follow XD They talked chocolate though, and clothes (Yu~ki mentioned vintage). Közi also pointed out some cosplayers in the crowd and Yu~ki was also impressed by his own cosplayer! (she looked so much like him)
Then there was time for the last song, N.P.S.N.G.S. I have to say I was a bit disapointed with the chosen songs, both are kind of short... But there was so much energy on stage, especially from Közi, I can't complain. Then they went off, and after a short while we could hear the tunes of Au Revoir playing! I was so hopefull they'd play that, but they didn't. Mana came first on his scooter (same as in Brise with his little toy on it), and then all of a sudden he fell! I was so suprised, Yu~ki came and helped him up, but Mana gestured he was fine, I think you could see on him he was kind of embarrassed though, he looked down to the floor for a while. Közi also showed up with his creepy doll from Brise :P and then they all threw out some candy. I didn't get any (but later found one of Yu~ki's chocolate coins on the floor, fufufu). Yu~ki had a cute little pumpkin basket, and Közi was so into his doll he didn't notice Yu~ki and Mana stood in the center of stage, ready to say goodbye. Yu~ki went over and got him to join them though XD
Then they left and that was that.

Malice Mizer playlist:
Bois de Merveilles
S-Conscious
N.P.S.N.G.S
Au revoir (instrumental)

 Outside, 2 huge flower arrangements had been put out, one from Schwarz Stein, and one from ESP.

I felt a bit sad at the end, I've been looking forward to this since I heard about the event and now it's over... but I'll see Mana and Közi again for sure (Moi Dix Mois will play again at Shibuya WWW in december, that's also where I saw them the first time so sweet nostalgie).
One ting that bothered me tonight was that Moi Dix Mois really felt incomplete. K's gone, and Mana was distant, they rarely play live gigs anymore and even rarer to see a release from them. They didn't even sell cd's like they used to! I feel worried about the future of Moi Dix Mois. I really don't want to see them go on a hiatus or even worse, break up. I really hope they'll keep going, we need them.

I had such an amazing evening! I can't put it into words how happy I was to be able to see Mana, Közi and Yu~ki togheter. Malice Mizer has meant to much to me, for so many years now. It's partly because of them I decided to study japanese and so it's thanks to them I'm here now! This might have been the last time for me to see them togheter, and I will certainly cherish it for the rest of my life.

My dinner XD



Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar