fredag 17 oktober 2014

I want to timetravel...

When I went to see The Velvet I had to endure lots of random bands before they got on stage. They were mostly small visual kei bands, and what kept running through my head was; What happened to good old visual kei?

All the new bands are young pretty boys, without any unique voice or style. I really miss the 90's.
Not that I listened to visual kei then, but god I love the old bands. There were something special about the way they dressed and the way they sang, the way the music was played, everything.

Before I left for Japan (well about this summer) I got into the old, successful visual kei band Raphael. Among foreigners they're probably known mostly because their guitarist, Kazuki, killed himself at the age of 19.
Everyone who enjoys old Malice Mizer or Lareine should check this band out for sure! This song is called Eternal Wish~ Todokanu Kimi e, a ballad with a lot of emotions. A new version was released in memory of Kazuki in 2012.
So please give them a try (at least if you're into older stuff)! I really love Yuki's voice, it's really something special, the deep kind you rarely hear in todays VK scen.

(random comment; Mimi updated his blog and The Velvet will have a Tim Burton theme at their Halloween live *_* Mimi will go as Edward Scissorhands and Bera as Jack! A bit sad I can't go and see that, but on the other hand I'll be watching Velvet Eden play their fantastic new song Toxic Queen, so I can't complain!)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar