lördag 5 augusti 2017

ZIZ Salon De'tester

This is so bad, I'm so behind I'm writing a report of a gig which took place 2 months ago! Very sorry about that but I've been busy.

This was my first time attending a ZIZ oneman, and the first time I saw them live this time around in Tokyo! This live was a bit special since it was their 5th anniversary! And they also released a new mini album; Detsuromotsuro No. 5.

The gig took place at Zirco Tokyo, in Shinjuku, a kind of hidden club. It's on the basement floor of a building with sportsbars etc. My ticket number wasn't the best, so when I got into the club I just wanted to get a good spot on the floor. So unfortunately I missed my chance of getting one of their new t-shirts since they were sold out after the gig. ZIZ seems to have a lot of random items for sale, for example I saw this one girl who bought a clock! An acctual clock to put on your wall. The background was the cover of their new cd. It looked really cool, but obviosly that was gone too once I got to their sales stand.

To be honest I'm not sure I have that much to say about the gig itself. Nothing special happened, we got to hear all of their new songs from the album. Like always I really enjoy watching Közi live, he's really good despite what people might think. He doesn't "connect" that much with the audience, but it doesn't really bother me because seeing him you can tell he enjoys what he's doing and that's the most important thing to me.


 I got to hear all my favorite songs, Kosmostill, Sanityman, JEEZ, CHAOSMOS, ECHOFALLS and L'AMIE L'AMIE. I haven't seen ZIZ since 2015 so I had not heard any of the songs from JEEZSO8DOVEDOPE yet, obviously I was very excited to hear JEEZ because it's one of their best songs. I really love it. I noticed Közi had some difficulties taking the high notes during the chorus, and once he didn't even sing that. I can see that it's difficult though, for a recording you can paus and cut, but at a live gig he's been singing for like an hour and I bet his vocal chords was a bit tired.
 
For the encore the band came out with the new t-shirts on. Közi had his long, lumberjack shirt which he's worn at Deep Sanctuary. When he entered stage he had it tightly closed and then suddenly he'd open it to flash the t-shirt, like a flasher. During on of the MC's Közi also mentioned how tired he was, and how he felt old. During this MC he also happened to mention how many songs there was left on the setlist, to the fans disapointment but he defended it with that it was a pretty long setlist, and it truly was. The gig in total was very long, I didn't time it but it felt like close to 3 hours.
As the last song they played Super naked disco. I think I mentioned that before but hearing that on the cd for the first time I just felt like "WTF was that I just listened to". I really hated it, and I still don't like the cd version, but live it's pretty nice acctually.
 

When the gig was over, I picked up my bag as fast as I could and headed to the merch. But like I already said, all of the new stuff was sold out, but to excitment I found that they still sold the DVD which was released at the same time as JEEZSO8DOVEDOPE! So I picked up a copy with a very strange item they sold. A Közi tattoo seal. Yes, you can now either use it on your hand for an evening or use it and get a tattoo artist to fill it in for you! It's one of the most random items I've seen being sold at a live, and obviously I had to have it.
As can be seen above, they had a very special flower bouquet, this is something you only see in relation to something with Közi I'm sure. Amazingly creative...

So, the special thing about this live was that we'd receive a demo cd as a gift. Unfortunately I haven't been able to listen to it yet since my computer doesn't have a cdrom. I'll update once I've heard it!

Like always, if you get the chance to see Közi in any of his bands live, do it!

EDIT: When I was about to exit the club I saw Ryux from Moi Dix Mois, AGAIN (he was at the twoman Dalle live in May too). He keeps popping up at Közi's gigs...









Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar