lördag 5 augusti 2017

Kamijo - Epic Rock Orchestra

When I'm in Japan I tend to go to a lot of gigs, sometimes even those I probably shouldn't attend concidering I'm not rich nor a huge fan. But I really like Kamijo live. I probably prefer listening to his music live over listening to his cd's (also to be honest Kamijo is one of those which has become a collecting substitute since I'm basically done with all the bands I really love). I've heard about the Epic rock orchestra and thought it sounded pretty cool so I thought, why not?


This gig took place at Akasaka Blitz, a place I haven't been at since Deep Sanctuary in 2014. This livehouse looked pretty big then, but Kamijo had made this a seated live, so with chairs it didn't really have a high capacity. When I found my seat I was pleased to see that the stage didn't seem that far away, even though I was on Q-row.That was until the two people infront of me came to their seats... it was two western guys....meaning they were pretty tall (and one of them I guess had not been at a live in Japan before because he had problems realising where his own seat was :P). Next to me was two Japanese women, a bit shorter than me, and all of us was stunned by the fact that we couldn't see shit! Especially since that one guy kept coming closer to the other one despite the fact that the seat inbetween was free, and that seat sort of worked as an opening so we could see glimps of the scene! One of the Japanese women asked him to move a bit to the left side so we could see, and he did....until he kept coming closer again. She didn't show it but I'm guessing it pissed her off (me too, big time) so she acctually called for the staff, and a guy came asking the guy to stand infront of his own seat. Again, he moved....and then moved back -.- I don't get how some people work.

So basically, I barely saw anything the whole evening (not kidding). The sound however was really good just as I expected. Normally Kamijo only has his band playing, but for the Epic Rock Orchestra he also have a violinist, cello and a pianist on stage and it really gives that something extra.
Since Castrato had been released by the time he obviously played that, and I have to say it's one of his stronger songs ever. I really like it! At the live they also sold a special edition of the single. It says on it that it's the trailer version. I can't really hear a difference, and like I've said before, I can't listen to the cd's I buy for the moment so I haven't heard this either. If you bought this version you also got a poster, it's very boring though, just the cd cover. I also picked up a t-shirt and the clearfile.

Kamijo always feels very energetic live, and happy, so it's usually really nice attending his gigs. He's a very good talker, making interesting MC's (for this one I don't really remember much since it's been a long time, and I didn't see shit!).
He had another Epic rock orchestra recently, which I attended for other reasons (so there won't be a livereport here), and since I acctually could see I can assure it was great and totally worth going to!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar