lördag 5 augusti 2017

Visual kei bar Diabolo

I hunted down yet another theme bar! This time I felt like, if there's BL, video games, Alice in Wonderland and what not, there has to be something visual kei themed in it's homecountry. Of course there was!

I googled and stumbled across their webpage and then I convinced my friend to go with me, hohoho.
It's called Diablo and is located in Shinjuku, in the hostclub area no less, hehe. It wasn't hard to find, so if you check google maps there shouldn't be any problem!
So, what to expect?
First off, it's very small. The evening we were going they also had an takoyaki event so on their webpage they encouraged people to make a reservation. I don't remember exactly how many seats they had but I would guess between 12-20. They also have a schedule so you can see whom of the staff will be working the evening you want to go. I personally didn't care, but it might be nice to go when the staff likes the same bands as you, because we were stuck in L'arc en ciel hell. I normally don't have anything against L'arc en ciel, their old stuff is pretty nice, but not for 2 hours, and almost only new songs.

The system is basically, you pay 1500yen for 1 hour and during that hour you can drink as much as you like! That sounds all good, but they were so slow making the cocktails! I'm not kidding, my friend ordered a milk based one, and I couldn't help but to wonder if they had a cow in the kitchen. It wasn't busy or anything, besides us, there was two other women there, and the staff was two guys. To be honest I assume they're slow so that you won't order like 5 drinks during that hour, because let's face it, they wouldn't get that much money out of that.
This isn't really a hostbar, but just a bit similar, probably like the BL café I've been to, so the staff will come up and talk to you. Since I was with a friend they didn't as much though. One of them introduced himself, but besides that we didn't talk (except for when he asked how I wanted my eggs XD). Maybe if you go alone they'll be more active.


Besides drinks they had a food menu! That was one of the reasons I wanted to go acctually. The food is named after different songs by VK bands and they ahd this omuraisu (omelette with rice dish which is very popular in Japan) called Ma Chérie ~Itoshi kimi e! Yeah, as a big Malice Mizer fan I had to eat that. It was worth it. I got a bit tipsy and I couldn't stop laughing at it, because they even made a star on it, maybe we could've summoned Mana or something with the omuraisu!

We ended up staying for 2 hours, and during that time I had 3 cocktails and the omuraisu. They were very slow with making the drinks as well as the food. I normally take a bit of time ordering, especially since they had so many drinks! But if I would've known I would have to wait for 15 minutes to get my drink I would've placed an order immedietly.

It was a fun experience but not sure it's worth the money in the end since it's not really all you can drink if you only can order 2 or 3 drinks in 1 hour...
Before leaving one of the staff gave us a takoyaki each, he had an uneven number, very sweet.

Please visit their webpage for more information: http://diablo.bz/

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar