söndag 29 januari 2017

D Tour final at Shinjuku ReNY

Yesterday I went to my first gig this time around, and it was no less than D's final live for their tour Wonderland Savior!

The concert was held at Shinjuku ReNY, i've never been there before so I was a bit worried I might get lost but their webpage had a very excellent map and I had no problem finding it at all!

I got there about 17.15, which was a bit late, but on the other hand I didn't have to wait so long for my number to be called. Shinjuku ReNY isn't that big though, I read it has the capacity for 800 people and my ticket was 561. Their drinkcharge is 600yen! (I was looking to find this information to have the coins ready but couldn't seem to find it)
Anyway, they call the numbers on the street entrance, and then you take the elevator or stairs to where the actual hall is. They have coinlockers for 300 yen and also a cloak area for those who have bigger belongings which costs 500 yen.

I acctually thought I had a chance to get some chekis, but unfortunatley not. They were all sold out by the time I got there so I only got the new, and very cute t-shirt based on the song 海王鯨島 亀毛海浜夢珠工場.

If there's one thing I don't get in Japan, it's when people go to these kinds of events with friends and they expect to stand in a line with a lot of space infront of them. When I got into the actual hall it seemed about full because people had so much space, and others wanted to get it, so I just walk closer to the stage. Might have seen rude for some people that I went infront of them but I don't get how they think people are gonna get in if they don't move. This other girl seemed to be annoyed I kept accidently touching her arm, but it's a standing gig and there's people all over, how am I supposed to move:P

Anyway, to the details about the actual concert!
The members came out one by one like usual to the "theme song" for this tour, and for anyone who missed previous photos, they wore the white outfits. One thing I haven't seen before on Asagi's costume is that it has a bunny tail on the back! During フューシャピンクとフランボワーズの鍵盤,  those who have the glowing sticks were supposed to use them, and Asagi also had one of course. At the end when he went back to leave the stick he put it behind his back (near his ass really) wiggling it like a tail, hehe.


To be honest, I'm not a huge D fan, I like them and think they're a pretty good band. What I especially like about them is how they keep changing style and inspiration for their music, but far from everything they do are great in my opinion. The setlist started off pretty strong, within the first half they had played most of my favorite songs and they were of course awesome live too.
The song which captured me most when I first listened to the album was 海王鯨島 亀毛海浜夢珠工場, and when I read the cute lyrics I liked it even more! For those who haven't read the lyrics or a translation for it, the song's about a dream factory and the boss is the mock turtle from Alice in Wonderland. My favorite part of the lyrics is just before every chorus, because then Asagi sings different ingrediences used to mix a dream, (like mermaid tears and hair from a unicorn) so cute. Besides that, my favorite songs include Wonderland Savior, and for this Asagi acctually used the cool mic he has in the PV! This tour D had some CG on screen during the concerts, and it was really fun, during the songs which has a PV though, they showed those (also great because I haven't seen any of the PV's since I haven't got the CD versions which includes the DVD's)
シュレディンガーの夢遊猫とジャッカロープの杖 is also a song that has grown into a favorite and it was really fun live, it included alot of parapara though, but it was so great live!
During Master Key member cards came down from the ceiling (and also some dust I noticed, do they ever clean those hatches???) I wasn't able to grab a card unfortunately, however I did get a Wonderland Savior strip that was let down later (see my picture below).

During the encores (which was 3 this time), they played a lot of old songs, the classics like Eden and Night Ship D, but also Yami no Kuni no Arisu which I thought was a nice suprise! Another song I didn't expect, probably less than Yami no Kuni no Arisu was Kuro bara no kishi from Kingdom. That's one of my all time favorites so I was very happy to be able to hear it live again! Since they played Yami no Kuni no Arisu I sort of began hoping they'd play Musouka since it was also from the same period, but unfortunately they didn't play it.
During one of the encores Ruiza presented some of the goods, he came out with the tote bag filled with some stuff. Among those was Asagi's photobook, and he never showed the inside but he shouted out that the pictures was good and asked if we wanted to see it. Obviously people said yes, and he replied "then please buy it!" XD

One thing I like with D is that it looks like they really have a good time when playing live. Some bands just do their thing but they seem to enjoy it and I, as an audience, think that brings a good atmosphere!
Another thing worth mentioning that happened and I felt was a very kind gesture was during Night Ship D. I don't have the D flags, I've been thinking about buying them but always end up not to. So when Asagi came out on stage with the D flag everyone grabs theirs (except for me and the others without any :P) but the nice lady next to me turned my way and offered me one of hers! She had earlier also offered me her place, she stood infront of me but her friend was standing next to me so we switched. Anyway I thought it was really kind, a bit difficult to do the moves with just one but it's better than nothing and it was such a kind gesture of her <3


Overall I had a really fun time and hopefully I'll get the chance to see D once more before I go back to Sweden. (and hopefully be able to get my hands on some chekis :P)



Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar