lördag 4 februari 2017

BUCK-TICK FISH TANKer's ONLY 2017

D on Friday and BUCK-TICK on Saturday, that's a perfect weekend!

When BUCK-TICK announced their album I immediately began calculating when a tour would be likely to start and end and came to the conclusion I'd at least make it for the standing tour that usually follows the sitting one. However time passed and the closer to december we got they still haven't announced any dates for a standing tour, and finally the FISH TANKer's ONLY came up for prebooking. That's when I understood there wouldn't be a standing tour this time. Lucky for me I'd be in Japan for the fanclub live, so I entered the lottery and got a ticket!

I think I've probably mentioned this before but at the fanclub only events you have to go through an ID check and they will give you a wrist band so that staff knows you are allowed to pass through and buy goods. If you're registered as a foreigner, not living in Japan that is, you get your own special line since you have to pick up the ticket aswell. In this case it's acctually a positive thing, beause the ID check line for Japanese residents are always so long XD
This concert took place at Zepp Diver City, which is connected to the big Diver City Mall. I was supposed to arrive early so I could have a look around, I obviously never got my ass out of bed so I arrived just so I could pick up my ticket and then wait to get into the venue. There are a lot of fun things on Odaiba, it's one of my favorite spots in Tokyo and I highly recomend people to go there and have a look around. It has a very special feel to it. For me, personally, it represents the idea I had of Tokyo before I acctually had been here and that's probably why I think it's so cool. There's a lot of tall buildings and some has very interesting architecture.

Anyway, I picked up my ticket and immedietly checked what number I got. The last two standing concerts I went to with BUCK-TICK I had number 2000+ and 1900+, so when I saw that I was 681 I got quite excited, hehe. This doesn't help that much though. I was warned the first time I went to a standing BUCK-TICK concert to stay out of the area infront of the stage, especially infront of Atsushi because things can get a bit wild. I didn't realise how true that was... so I tried to get as close as possible (as possible as I thought based on how people stood waiting for the concert to start), but a couple of minutes before it started a horde of people just came running to the center and I was pushed so hard that if it wouldn't have been full of people I would've fallen. The thing is also that if you're in that mass of people you barely see anything because it's just arms and heads everywhere, after that event I don't really wish to stand at the front and I acctually got to see one of those rushes yesterday from the back :P I could feel the people's fear and panic as the fangrls rushed to the center.
This time they acctually showed us parts from the tour DVD that is to be released while we were waiting for the concert to start! I'm very excited to see it, the setlist was great!
The set out time was 18:00 but I think they entered stage around 18:20, and the entrance song was a sort of instrumental remix of cum uh sol nu -フラスコの別種-.The bands clothing was pretty great I have to say. Atsushi wore leather pants with a short sleeve top, looked almost like a tanktop but there was lace coming down making it look a bit like a t-shirt. Over that he wore a black vest. Imai looked like a pierrot to be honest, and I loved it! He had black and white checkered pants with a frilled white blouse. His make up was also kind of interesting, metallic black/blue color across his eyes. Since I didn't have that good of a spot this time I couldn't see so much of the rest, Yutaka had a pretty cool jacket though.
When I received the last issue of Fish Tank they listed the setlist for their tour and to be honest I felt pretty jelous I didn't catch any of those because the set list was awesome. Most of the old songs were songs I really like, such as My Fuckin' Valentine, Baby I want you and 見えない物を見ようとする誤解  全て誤解だ. So my hopes were high they'd play one of these at this live as well. Nope, but I got a pretty nice set list anyway. Out of the old songs I got pretty excited to hear die! It's not a favorite song of mine but I think they made it pretty good live. I also got to hear Speed, and that is one of my older favorites!
There were also quite a lot of suprises when it came to the song selection. For example they played Coyote, Elise no tame ni and Dokudanjou Beauty, I really like those songs so I was really happy, but suprised they played such "new" songs. My disapointment came when I realised the concert was over and they never played cum uh sol nu -フラスコの別種-. That's one of my favorite songs and they didn't play it, WTF!? They had to squeeze in Phantom Voltaire but they couldn't play one of their best songs ever, which on top of that is new?! (sorry but I have to admit Aruiwa was quite the disapointment for me:P).
At least I got to hear Devil's Wings, and it was just as awesome as I assumed it would be live. Two songs I liked on the record but didn't pay any extra attention to was FUTURE SONG -未来が通る- and BOY septem peccata mortalia. These two became favorites at the concert, they were pretty amazing live to be honest.
I almost forgot, but they even played DADA DISCO-G J T H B K H T D-, I like that live, but it made me feel like BUCK-TICK themselves must really like Aruiwa since they played two songs which aren't even singles. It's kind of rare I think that bands play random songs from their previous album, unless it's a single.
One fun thing that happened was that Atsushi grabbed one of those big lights and aimed it at the audience, he then removed it and asked if it had burned them, in a seriously concerned manner X) Maybe he should've thought of that before putting it in their faces XD


I didn't remember what the merch looked like last time I was at a FISH TANKer ONLY live, so I got a bit sad when I realised they didn't sell anything from the hall tour. I really wanted the pamphlet... But I didn't want to leave empty handed so I bought Imai's Atomu shirt. A lot of the items had been sold out aswell, not even the trading cards was available anymore. As always there was a gift for everyone in the audience and this time we all got an umbrella! I was happily suprised, last time I got a cheap tote bag, so an umbrella, eventhough it's just plain black with the tours name on it, was pretty exciting.
When the gig was over I felt really sad acctually. BUCK-TICK is a great live band, musically. Atsushi's voice live is amazing, although I have to give some critic and that is that every time I've seen them it feels very planned, like they aren't really improvising and that is a bit sad I think because that makes the gig unique. Last time I saw them I went to two concerts in a row and it was pretty much like seeing the same thing twice. But musically they're perfect live. This was my fifth time seeing BUCK-TICK and hopefully it's not the last.

On my way from the venue, the Gundam robot had a pretty show off! It blinked and moved its head while some movie preview was projected to the wall behind it. Later projections was made onto the robot with sound effect, really cool!


1 kommentar:

  1. Hi! A friend (who's a Fish Tank member) wants to apply for tickets to attend two stops of this year's DIQ but we can't figure out how to select two dates (we just found how to apply to one :c ) is there any way you could help us, please? We are from Chile and we would love to attend more than 1 live. my email is natalia.henriquezsATgmail.com

    SvaraRadera