söndag 5 februari 2017

Nekochiru & Nekochiru y

My overall impression is that Közi doesn't have that strong fanbase overseas, as let's say Mana :P However I assume some people saw his tweet about going to an exhibition some time ago? I didn't have anything to do this weekend so I thought, why not walk in Közi's footstep and go see this exhibition! The last day was on Saturday so it was now or never.

The gallery holding the event was Ginkeisaron & gallery, a tiny gallery in Ginza. I have to be honest, I haven't spent that much time in the Ginza area, mostly because it's not that much fun there :p For those who haven't been to Tokyo Ginza is famous for being the "fancy" part of Tokyo. There you will find all expensive brands, and I feel in general like it's very different from the rest of Tokyo.
Anyway, because of this I obviously got lost and spent like 1 hour to find this gallery, and of course it had to be warm as hell that day. I finally found it and it had to be on the third floor (gonna stop complaining now). It was very tiny, just a small room and the room itself was very hot, perhaps because there was so many people there. They sold some t-shirts and other smaller items along side with paintings, such as the one of the poster below. I had never heard of this manga or the artist, but I did think the picture Közi posted looked very cute, and that is how I ended up there. However it was kind of cool seeing original sketches for a manga, and the other paintings was very cute. When I saw the manga drawings the puzzle became complete. I mean there's cats and Közi loves cats so I could see why he likes this mangaka, but the comic itself mixed a sort of brutal and macabre feeling to it and it just made me feel like it was very "Közi:ism". I was about to pass out from the heat so I left after having a look at all the drawings, but it was really fun so thank you Közi for giving me some Saturday culture.

If anyone wants to read more about it here's a link to the gallery page.



Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar