lördag 21 januari 2017

Food from afar

Okey, not so far away, but for the first time I got the chance to eat food from Okinawa!


How sad it might sound but I've only been to Tokyo in Japan, I'd love to see other cities but I love Tokyo so much I just can't see myself going to Japan without going to Tokyo. Someday though, I will cross the Tokyo border... O_o

Anyway, I met a friend from my exchange time here in Japan and he knows a lot about a lot! So this time he took me to an Okinawan restaurant in Kouenji (高円寺) to introduce me to their cuisine. I love going to these kind of niched, tiny places because I'd never go there myself.
So, what was on the menu?

 Okey, so to be honest I don't like having opinions about things without experience it but this time I sort of did get a biased opinion. I tried it and it tasted nice, but then I was told what it was and felt a bit sick to be honest. What I had just ate was pigs ears. Since about 7 years back I haven't ate pig, accidentally it has happened twice, and now. The texture was a bit like the hard parts of chicken, a bit on the crunchy side...

 Sashimi! I love sashimi, so this was a big hit, and I love how it was served, as a tiny piece of art. Delicious.

 By the first look of this, I thought it was fish eggs or something, but it's not! In English it's called sea grapes, and in Japanese umibudou (海ブドウ). It's a sort of seaweed grown in south asia, and just as it's name it's tiny grapes attached. They didn't taste that much on it's own, but where kind of fun to eat and I thought they looked very decorative.

 I forgot to take a picture, then remembered when we were almost finished. This was a dessert which tasted sort of like donuts, it was fried and I really liked it!

 The name of the restaurant is 抱瓶 (dachibin) if anyone wants to visit! The atmosphere was kind of cozy and there was so much stuff on the walls I could've walked around looking at things forever. The food however may not be for those who's looking for food similar to western, but please try it out!


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar