tisdag 25 september 2018

Malice Mizer ESP Exhibition

I first began listening to Malice Mizer in high school. I remember they usually came up on lastfm as a similar band to Velvet Eden and I really loved the picture from Gardenia so I decided to check them up. I really disliked Gardenia eventhough they were one of the coolest bands I had ever seen (still don't like Gardenia, so boring). A couple of months later I decided to try them out again and ended up on the PV for Le Ciel and from that moment on I've loved Malice Mizer (10 year anniversary for us this year). 

Out of my top 3 favorite bands I've been able to see 2 (sort of), Malice Mizer was the only one missing. I tried to make things work so that I could go but since I was going to Japan as a student I could not go too early and unfortunately I could not attend the concert, so I had to settle with just going to the exhibition held at ESP museum in Shibuya.


Eventhough I have been to Tokyo many times and stayed for longer periods as well, I still get excited when I get to see my favorite bands. Seeing Malice Mizer shown like this felt so special, Malice Mizer has sort of been something just displayed on my tv or computer, almost as if they don't really exist. By the entrance was a poster signed by various members and a picture of Mana and Kozi from Moi Dix Mois and ZIZ (which I found a bit weird but whatever).

On a tv they played the first live DVD with Gackt as vocalist (unfortunately they did not include the N.P.S.N.G.S), and on the walls hang posters from the first era with Tetsu to the very last with Klaha.




Other than posters were also nostalgic items such as the doll Kozi had on his back during Brise at the Merveilles concert, Mana's teddy backpack and the Merveilles book.

Of course the new costumes were also on display! My pictures are rather poor though and doesn't make them justice considering the amount of details. Közi's especially incorporated much of his previous costumes doll like appearance. The chest part had a ruffle like his Gardenia outfit, and the left leg of the pants had a check pattern.






 Kami's drumset as well as other items, such as a bag he had drawn on was up for display. By the cashier was Kami's hat and gloves from Gekka no Yasoukyoku on display with the two dolls from the PV.


I really liked that they had so many random objects (even the whips Mana and Kozi used), and of course their instruments. They also had a guestbook in which you could write something in (I assume the band will receive it later?), and I saw some fans who spent a lot of time writing their messages. I went back the following day just because I wanted to spend some more time in Malice Mizer heaven, hoho, and noticed they had then changed to the last live DVD. I didn't stay for all of it, but a long while, and picked up both of Közi's and one of Mana's guitar picks! ESP also sold a keychain so you could put the pick in there, I decided not to get that because I sort of want to try and make one of Közi's picks into an earring (let's see how that goes :P).

Seeing the exhibition was awesome, but it also made me so sad I could not make it to the actual concerts. Might not happen but I can't help but to hope they'll make a new one in a couple of years. The last couple of years I haven't really listened to Malice Mizer as much as I used to, but this exhibition really made me remember why I fell so hard in love with this awesome and so unique visual kei band.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar