lördag 26 december 2015

BUCK-TICK "Serious bear" parkas

I'm so bad at updating with stuff, but it's just not as fun when I'm not in Japan (I feel like I have less to talk about since my source for information is just the same as everybody elses...)

Anyway, just in time for Christmas I finally got my "serious bear parkas"!
For those who doesn't know, Yutaka (bassist in BUCK-TICK) has designed various merch with a bear on, called "serious bear". And in the past Fish Tank magazines they've showed the designing process of this sweatshirt (they call it parkas, I've never in my whole life seen a parkas looking like this though..)
They only had 2 sizes available, M and L and they also had a Fish Tanker's only version and a regular version. The difference was that the limited version had the serious bear in glittery stones on the arm while the regular version had it in fabric. I ordered the limited one and in M.
The release was acctually in November, and as far as I could see it sold out even before that. The reason I got it this late was because I'm cheap, fufu. (stuff ordered from BUCK-TICKs webshop tend to get stuck in customs since they acctually say it's merch inside the package aswell as the actual price and on top of that it's shipped with EMS) Since I'm sick of paying tax for my packages and expensive shipping I decided to try a new thing.I had the package delivered to my tenso address in Japan (I realised I should make a post about different ways of shopping online, so I'll explain tenso there more thoroughly).
It took about 1 month for my package to arrive, but it was worth the money I saved :P

Back to the parkas.
The best part is, it's made so you can wear it inside out! So one side it fluffy and white with serious bear's face (including ears!) on and also a tail! The other side is black, still with the ears but not the face. Instead it has the serious bear in glitter on the arm. Both sides has pockets and I have to say it's very well made! I work for a clothing company and they've had several garments which you can wear inside out over the years but, usually small details show it's the reversed side. This did not! The only down part was that it had very detailed washing advices (like handwashing in 30degrees, use powder, don't let it hang etc.). To begin with I thought it was a bit expensive (right under 9000yen) but concidering the quality and also since it's a bandmerch it was totally worth it. (I mean a tour t-shirt costs 3500yen:P and it acctually costs quite a bit to sew on just 1 pocket on garments)


I won't wear this as a jacket like they mention...(I live in Sweden for god's sake, my winter coat is barely enough when it gets cold here:P) but it will be good either under my coat or as it is during spring.

( I'm sorry but I can't help but to think the hood is slightly too pointy...reminds me of something else...)
 

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar