onsdag 28 januari 2015

Közi at Shinjuku Loft

 
Last night was the last time for me to see Közi *sob*
Eventhough it was sad, I had a great time, and of course Közi was awesome as always!

The event was "Rock is Culture" presented by Like an Edison and Shinjuku Loft, and this evening the bands performing was Közi, Liphlich, Stereo. C.K and Yazzmad as opening act.

The only band I've even heard of before last night was Liphlich and that's litterarly just "heard of", I haven't really heard anything from them...

I don't want to be mean, but the opening acts are always bad. So was Yazzmad. Well not bad maybe (I'm just mean now), but boring. So I was happy when the second act, Liphlich gt on stage!

I've only seen their most recent flyer and I have to say that made me quite interested. Their music didn't disapoint me, and their performance was quite interesting.

 For those who wants to know more you can check this video out!


Közi was last out, so before him I had to endure Stereo. C.K. They were really boring, and didn't even have any good looking bandmen I could rest my eyes on! (fufufu). Instead I got 2 showers from the guitarist spitting out his water on us... and there I was hoping to get Atsushi's spit on me on Buck-Tick's standing concerts, but NO, I get some random awful bands guitarists water in my face! (fangirling problems)

Anyway, Közi was last out and he had the same outfit as last tme (the red shirt, black tie, black pants and black gloves) as did his other two members.

Just like the previous nights Közi wasn't that much of a talker (the "MC" was about 2 sentences long), but he did perform a great setlist! I wasn't a big fan of the remixes of The Eye or Cacophony, so I'm glad he skipped those instead of any of the other 8 songs!

This evening Közi had some background projections as well and I think it looked really good with his shadow being reflected onto the wall. It created a good visual effect for these songs!
As before Közi played bass on Promenade, and on ISM the guy who plays synth played a bit of guitar but mostly he created noise to the beginning part by placing a screwdriver between the body of the guitar and the strings, for an extra industrial finish.

Then the gig was over, unfortunatley.
At the merchtable was of course the solo CD but also Chaosmos and suprise,suprise, the song or should I say composition Közi made for that exhibition 2013! Alot of people seemed to buy that, (including myself because this evening they gave you 2 postcards if you purchased it) so maybe not that many acctually ordered it when it was released.

Közi really impressed me live, eventhough I'm a big fan of his I didn't expect him to be this awesome live, especially since he hasn't been that active. Hopefully this wasn't the last time for me to see him live, and hopefully he'll release more solo or ZIZ stuff later on!

Setlist
Grottesca
Cruel Arcadia
MC
Incoherents
Babylo
Katharsis
Honey Vanity
ISM
Promenade


Picture stolen from Közi's Twitter





2 kommentarer:

  1. Hello there

    So he sold his new Ziz album and a solo composition from 2013? Can you say more about that composition and where its from?

    Arigato

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Hi, thanks for your comment and sorry I didn't reply earlier!
      The store A Story in Tokyo had an exhibit in 2013 and on the opening party Közi played live and then a "single" was sold with a 17minute long track. It's a bit noisy and, well arty :P You can access the webpage here: http://handmade-watch.com/top.html and if you scroll down you'll find info about the exhibit!
      If you want to know what the single looks like you can find it on my lastfmblog under Közi: http://www.lastfm.se/user/Mystique_x-men/journal/2009/10/23/33satn_my_japanese_music_collection_150126

      Radera