torsdag 2 november 2017

Capcom bar

I love videogames, especially old ones, so I'm always looking for new cool shops or bars with video game themes while in Tokyo. I heard there was a capcom restaurant in Shinjuku, and shortly after I was on my way!
They recomend you to reserve a table on their webpage, which I did. Their webpage is very convenient for foreigners as they have an English version showing the menu and other information. I arrived and the staff immediately asked if I had made a reservation and showed me to a table. They had seats by the bar, and then around 5 tables, so it's a small restaurant. The staff was super nice, and they were truly into the game theme... After cleaning our table after the maincourse she said "stage clear" before leaving, haha.

The restaurant was kind of small, but it had a lot of fun things to look at! Everywhere was small action figueres from different Capcom games, and even in the sofa where I sat a toy duck from some game was put. Close to one table was a tv and a console for guests to enjoy.


So what about the food?

The games I've played from capcom which was featured at this restaurant is Street fighter and Mega man, also known as Rokkuman in Japan. So I decided to stick to those when ordering.

My cocktail was a vodka based drink with a slice of dragon fruit on the side. It looked very nice and it was very nice, so I highly recomend it to those who enjoy fruity cocktails!
For maindish I had the omuraisu, á la Street fighter. Sorry, but I can't really understand how this was related to Street fighter, but it was good. The rice was slightly spicy and mixed with chicken.
What caught my eye in the menu however was the desserts. My friend had the Biohazard brain cake! I have to say, it looked so gross I couldn't have it, and the amazing thing was that when it was served, our waitress had my friend stabb it with a special knife. I can't say how it tasted, but according to my friend it was rather good.

I chose to have chocolate guns, a dessert based on Devil May Cry. I got way too excited about having guns for dessert, and truth me told, it was a lot of chocolate. To the point where I felt like I wanted to throw up. I should make it clear I almost passed out afterwards, not because of the guns, but because of dehydration, so it might not just have been me being full which caused me to feel bad, but maybe a bit.

 Street Fighter omelette rice, with ketchup on the side.

Devil May Cry dessert.

Anyway, it was rather a big portion and truthfully not that good. Besides the guns in white and black chocolate was a soft cake, reminding me of a bad danish, topped with chocolate pudding, surrounded with a berry sauce. It was worth it for the guns, but for the taste, not so much...

I'm happy that I went, and I can see myself go again,  BUT perhaps only to have something small to eat and for the cocktails. The menu felt rather weak compared to many of the other theme restaurants I've been to, but for the experience it was worth it.
Perhaps it might just be me, truthfully I haven't been playing many of the Capcom games, so I'm sure fans of their games will enjoy this much more. Although that doesn't improve the menu.
Worth noticing is that this restaurant is a collaboration with Pasela, the karaoke place I reviewed in a previous entry. There's one place left of their collaborations that I will review later, which was a  lot better than the Capcom restaurant, however that place was more expensive. So please look forward to it, and do pay a visit to the Capcom restaurant if you're in Tokyo!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar