söndag 18 juni 2017

Mana ESP guitar event

Everyone who likes and follows Mana probably knows he helped design a new guitar with ESP, and in honor of that an event was held at the ESP museum in Shibuya!

I don't know anything about guitars truth be told, I don't play any instrument and I don't really have an interest in the details about guitars electronics. So when I found out that in order to attend the event you had to buy either the t-shirt or the doleman with the new guitar and it's specifics on I felt a bit disapointed to be honest. It's a bit too nerdy for me, but I ended up with the doleman (it's way too big for me so I'm sleeping in it). Because of this, I didn't really care about the new guitar either, I just wanted to shake Mana's hand and get something signed! X)

To begin with I was thinking long and hard about what I should bring for Mana to sign, I even concidered having someone ship my Malice Mizer 1th Anniversary demo, and then it was announced he'd only sign a photo provided at the store. A bit disapointed, and a bit relieved as I no longer had to think about what to get signed, fufufu.


I was given the 4th period, 18.00 (6 p.m), a bit stressed I arrived just in time for picking up my event ticket. Mana announced that for those who bought the guitar, he'd take a picture with them. When I was waiting for the event to start I walked around the ESP shop and noticed about four people filling out forms, making me wonder if they acctually bought the guitar...
I'm guessing I've been complaining a lot lately X) but I don't care to be honest. So here's my next complains:
I'm not sure about this, but I sort of assume that those who buy this guitar does it because Mana helped design it and to get the photo with him. The guitar cost, at the shop 800 000yen, with that price I feel like Mana should throw a slumber party for those who bought it. To only get to take a photo with him feels kind of bad. Many bands offer the cheki thing for a 1000 yen...
Second complaint, the event was way too short! Let's get to the few details.

So, about 15 minutes before the start of the event they let us in the room where it would be held. It was very nicely decorated with the regular gate with blue roses which can be seen at Moi Dix Mois concerts and also of course the big cloth with the band logo on. The room was all dark and only lit up from blue lights in the ceiling which was shaped as the cross on the Jeune fille guitar!


My seat was in the left corner, next to room partitioner for where Mana would sign the photo. While waiting we got to listen to some Moi Dix Mois music, from what I heard they were playing Reprise. The wait was short, staff closed the doors and explained the rules concidering taking pictures etc. Then they asked if we should call for Mana sama. People shouted (once only to my surprise) and then Mana came out in Moité (I know everything he wears is Moité, but none of the Moi Dix Mois outfits). This was my first time seeing Mana like this, not on stage performing so I felt kind of surprised at how big he felt to be honest, I mean surely he wears platforms but he's not that tall, and at the previous gigs I've been to he's always looked so thin and now I felt like he's kind of been gaining weight! I'm not saying that as in he's fat and need to loose weight, I don't care if he gains weight, I'm just not used to that since he usually looks very thin (stick legs).
Anyway, he came out with the new guitar, showed it off and then the staff also announced that Seth and Ryux would join him. Seth looked awesome! He wore black jeans, boots, a blouse, corset, hat and eyepatch. He had his hair in a ponytail, making him look a bit casual (for being VK).
He began reading Mana's message which was really short, and just about the guitar. Mana then played a bit of Je l'aime, and when I say a bit I mean a short bit, maybe 30 seconds. Mana looked a bit nervous, but it went fine. Then the event was over. Seth left with Ryux and Mana went behind the screen while staff explained how to order the guitar I think....I stoped listening here because I noticed I could sneak on Mana from the crack in the screen! I saw some fans looking at me going between looking straight ahead and then looking into the screen. Not that much exciting things, Mana looked a bit stressed removing all his rings, but then he just stood there chillin' waiting for people...until I'm sure he noticed the crack and I looked him in the face for a short while. ...then I stopped looking, the awkwardness was a bit too much for me.


People started lining up and it all went really fast so I grabbed my present and lined up aswell! So when I got back there Mana stood behind the table, I handed over my present, he bowed and accepted it, then he signed the photo and took my hand in both his, handed me the portrait and then it was over! When I shook his hand and said something to him, it looked like he wanted to smile but tried not to, hehe.
I didn't see what time it was, but it felt like the event was over in no time. I was hoping it would've been longer, that he would've played a whole song or something. A bit disapointed but I still enjoyed meeting him for the first time and acctually get his authograph (I have signed things but it's not the same when the person hasn't signed it infront of you).


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar