måndag 1 maj 2017

Vamquet

I'm not a bit behind anymore with all the live reports, I'm a million years behind. I personally don't like to read livereports concerning a concert that was weeks, or even a month ago, it feels outdated. But unfortunately it just has to be that way for now!

So on march 25th the event HAUNTED XDAY #3 took place at Shibuya Glad, featuring the bands Vaniru, Speed-iD, Vamquet, Der Zibet and Madame Edwarda. It was a sort of goth evening and I went to see Vamquet! I also like Madame Edwarda so I was really looking forward to seeing them for the first time.

The club wasn't hard to find at all as it was part of the Vuenos "chain" of clubs in Shibuya. If there's anything I dislike about clubs in Tokyo is that most allow smoking. Knowing that there would probably be a chainsmoker attending like at most clubs, I felt like I could arrive a bit later so I didn't see Vaniru at all, I just heard them play their last song as I entered Glad. I also found out Glad don't allow smoking on the actual floor, but they have a smoking area on the first floor, in which I found Sadie at the minute I walked in.
For this live Vamquet sold a new sticker and a t-shirt. As the t-shirt was really big (like they always are :P) I didn't get that, only their CD which I hadn't bought yet.

I came to see Vamquet obviously, but I found myself enjoying the other bands as well, especially Madame Edwarda. I've been listening to them for a couple of years now and I like their sound, so it was really fun seeing them live. Most people there seemed to be Madame Edwarda fans which surprised me, infront of me a group of "older" fans (when I say older I mean perhaps between 30-40) arrived. The funniest part was that two women stood there, and they did the funny thing where they sort of book the spot. One of them went for drinks and then the other stands with an arm out or something to mark the spot as taken. I find this behaviour to be kind of odd at clubs and concerts, since I think in most other genres (not bands related to VK in any sense) and countries the floor is for people to dance and move around at. Only in Japan does people stand, with extra space too, looking at their favorite band. So when these slightly drunk and older fans arrived they basically just marched into that womans empty space, and I couldn't help but to find her face extremly funny X) It was so obvious she was offended but she didn't dare say anything so she just grabbed her bag and left. These people were a bit annoying but I just hate people who mark their spot. It's not a line, it's a gig, without seats! Madame Edwarda had a lot of energy and the vocalist, Zin was really into the performance entering with a cain and a cape, dancing around the stage. They ended their setlist with Orpheus, and it was awesome!

Madame Edwarda acctually was the last performance, so let's skip back to the main event, Vamquet!
Vamquet was in the middle of the evening, and since I'm used to Közi being the guitarist I got myself a spot on the right side of the stage, then when the members came out on stage to put their stuff togheter I just remembered that Közi plays bass in Vamquet :P Yeah, bad fan. Anyway, the club was tiny and the stage too obviously so it wasn't as if I couldn't see him. And like always, his group of fangirls filled up the space infront of him (I wish Közi could get a group of drunk fans who could destroy the fangirl-pit...). I had not heard anything besides the trailer for Vamhaus before going to this live, but I really liked what I heard on that trailer so I was excited to hear the full songs. And I wasn't disapointed! I've never been a fan of Art Marju Duchain, but Kai was really good live. I wasn't expecting him to be so dramatic as he was, dancing along to the music, he wore a long black dress really completing his goth look. Közi wore one of his black poncho looking garments if I remember correctly. Since the live I've listened to the album, and eventhough I really like it the songs acctually became better live. It felt like their setlist was over in no time and I wish they had more material/longer playtime. Both on the cd and live my favorite songs are Wonders and Vam Marsch.  Despite Közi not having written any of the music, I feel like it's very Közi:ism. Like a mix of XA-VAT (because of Sadie maybe) and ZIZ, going dark.
Of course as always Közi just did his thing and left the stage, badass :P
I know this project isn't so serious (concidering they've had like two gigs this year) but I'd love to see them release and perform more! Hopefully they'll get some more acknowledgment and keep going.

Next gigs: D on Wednesday and Dalle on Sunday!

(On my to-do-list, I still need to write livereports for D, Kaya and Kamijo :P Slowly progressing)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar