fredag 26 juni 2015

Translations

I'm finally done with my thesis and therefor I'm going to start focusing more on translating things, and of course also my regular japanese studies.

In a couple of days I'll publish my first translation so I wanted to prepare and also explain since I'm sure many people will see my translations and think "woah, this must be wrong because it doesn't match the previous ones".

First off, I'm gonna publish translations of bands I'm into, for the moment I've been focusing mostly on old Velvet Eden songs and a bit on Schwarz Stein, so I'm not into helping people out with random translations. I think translating is hard, not just because of the words but because of the language structure which I'll comment more on later.
Also, I'm planning on publishing translations in order of release. In other words I'll upload an album/single at the time, each post also including random facts about the release.

About the language, Japanese is very hard to translate from because both the structure and choice of words might be very different from English, and my motherlanguage Swedish.
When I translate I try and stay as close to the original text as I possibly can and most of the time many translations aim to sound as natural as possible which I think sometimes makes the original text loose its meaning.

So all of my translations are usually made very close to the original text.
I hope everyone will enjoy them though!

In a couple of days the first one will be up ~

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar