söndag 1 februari 2015

8bit Café

I visited Tokyo for the first time almost 4 years ago, and before that trip I collected as much information as possible as I thought I probably wouldn't go back for perhaps another 5 years or so (hehe, I went back the following year). One of the things I added to my lost of doing was to visit the 8bit café I've read about in a gaming magazine. I never went though, nor did I go the following year. Now there's only 2 weeks left for me in Japan so I try my hardest to fill my days with fun stuff. and last night me and a friend finally visited the 8bit café in Shinjuku!


I'm terrible at finding stuff and this place had the tiniest sign outside an entrance with a huge sign for an erotic clothing store. The café opens at 7pm and closes at 5, so we tried to get there as soon as they opened and I'm glad we did because it filled up kind of quickly.

As soon as we reached the right floor the door opened and a girl from the staff welcomed us (she acctually stood there and held the door eventhough I stood in the middle of the stairs trying to take a photo of their awesome sign). As soon as we got in they told us to have a seat and another girl from the staff came with menu's and explained the "rules", which was that you have to pay the entrance fee of 600yen, order a drink every 1½ hour to stay and that photography was allowed.

This really was the cutest place ever! It felt like sitting in someones living room, so many games and a very nice atmosphere. One of the "tables" in the back was acctually an old arcade game, so you could play as you were sitting down!

They offered a small amount of desserts and snacks, but what's most appealing are their special cocktails! They cost about 700yen each and all are refferences to games!
I tried a Dr. Mario first, vodka with Dr Pepper and Coke, and on the side you get a testtube with 2 pills inside which I was told to put in the drink.

Then there was time for some gaming! They had Gameboys and stuff lying around and tons of games and guides you could read, but I went for the Super Mario! It was so much fun, I haven't played Super Mario (the old ones) for about 12 years so it felt very nostalgic.




After 3½h of gaming, drinking and looking through their stuff it was time to go.
The staff was very nice and this is a must for every gamer in Tokyo! But highly recomended to go as early as possible because after 1h it was more or less full.
Don't forget to leave a drawing or a note in one of their notepads!
Webpage: http://8bitcafe.net/index.html

My menu for the evening~

Dr.Mario (vodka, Dr. Pepper and Coke)
Donkey Kong, (can't remember the ingredients but it tasted like banana)

And a cake cheese, yes you read it right, not a normal cheese cake. It acctually tasted a lot cheesier, not as sweet.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar